Thursday 30 October 2014

Choose Happiness CTS#97

Today I've broken open a stamp set that is new to me for CAS(E) this Sketch. I've seen really lovely Choose Happiness. (Was that the name of an eighties pop song?)

I have struggled with this sketch, there are a few discarded versions in other colour ways on my table!!! Perhaps it was the simplicity of it? This ended up being the simplest version I made.

The leaves are stamped directly onto the card, the flowers are cut out with a pair of snips, the bottom one is raised on a Dimensional, with a few strands of gold thread from Gold Bakers twine and the sentiment from Boys Will Be Boys. Isn't that such a sweet font?

I have used a strip of retired DSP for this too, the colours and that herringbone pattern were perfect. So there you have it - a sweet and simple birthday card.
If you want to ask me any questions, feel free to ask?

Cheers, Rachel






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the patterned paper strip down the front! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel