Sunday 3 August 2014

Nuts For Elephants

I had a little fun today with Zoo Babies and Color Throwdown.
Isn't that a tasty looking colour combination?

In addition to Zoo Babies, I also used Nuts About You for the tree and grass, Polka-Dot Pieces for the leaves and Sketched Birthday for the greeting. The first card I made is below, with a giraffe on it, but the zebra came out a little too light. Also, the Bakers Twine bow seems a bit distracting and since I've notched the card to keep it in place, it has to stay.

So, I decided to make another card with the other half of the Nuts About You tree, and my hand was much steadier fussy-cutting those leaves, and I mixed the two greens. Using just the elephant, keeping the picture much simpler, gave a better result.

Lucky Limeade and Poppy Parade are two retired stamp pads I kept, but I was a new demonstrator back then, and didn't order refills for the stamp pads. I have noticed today that Poppy Parade isn't as moist as the Lucky Limeade one. My advice is to buy the refills while they are available to extend the life of your stamp pad. I seem to have almost run out of the Poppy Parade card too, and there isn't a red quite like it yet.

Thanks for dropping by,
Rachel








2 comments:

  1. These are adorable birthday cards!! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had fun making these cards and I totally enjoyed them! Thxs for playing at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel