Friday 25 July 2014

CASE-ing The Catty #2 Memory Keeping

Welcome back! This week at CASE-ing The Catty, we are casing Memory Keeping (pages 24-41). You can view the catalogue
online, or if you're local to me (I live in South Morang, Vic and work in Thomastown) I'd be happy to drop one off to you.

Like most scrapbookers, I am w-a-y behind. I've decided to use mainly Project Life for my newest grandchild's photos, and that is going really well, but I am hopelessly behind with the grandchild before him. Alice is the only girl in our huge brood, so her photos really should be up-to-date! Anyway, ever since I made some progress, thanks to Project Life, I have had renewed enthusiasm for traditional scrapbooking too, and have managed to get a number of pages done recently. I see no reason at all why the two systems cannot be used in the same album either, as the Project Life Album is a very sturdy ring binder, and traditional 12" X  12" inserts fit quite easily.

I CASE-d page 30 of the Australia/NZ catalogue and I haven't deviated too far from the plan. I'd have loved to have been able to use Smokey Slate but I didn't have a large piece of card in that colour, so made-do with Sahara Sand. I also wished I had the new Little Letters Thinlets so I could make a title like the catalogue sample, but you can't always have everything straight away! The Pictogram Punches stamp set supplied my title, cut with the small Label from the Label Card Thinlet.



I loved the banner on the left side of the catalogue sample, and copied that, putting a calendar and month stamps from the new photopolymer stamp set Project Life Day to Day. I circled the 10 in red, because I've had a visit from Alice (and her mother & brothers) on two consecutive 10ths of July. I have a feeling that it is because it is school holidays, and I am home from work!!!! The ampersand comes from another Project Life stamp set, Remember This. I bought both of them for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they come in handy for scrap booking and card making and secondly, in photopolymer they are so reasonably priced.
I've used photopolymer stamps before and not been so impressed, but these adhere to the blocks really firmly, and I like being able to see where they are going to stamp. I was able to actually line up the dates on the lines.

I also copied the journaling on strips pasted underneath the photos. Some of the Moonlight DSP, was put through the printer before cutting it up. Instead of using a doiley, I stamped  Daydream Medallion onto the background and then smaller medallions on to white card before cutting with Floral Frames Collection and topping with a Baked Brown embellishment. This is a very pink layout, maybe when you don't have many girls in a family, you can go a bit overboard. There's a token piece of  Soft Sky in the frame around the more recent photo of Alice. It has been cut using On Film Framelits. I was glad that those Framelits made it into the catalogue, but also sad, as it appears I have lost/thrown out the tiny camera which is part of that set. Unfortunately, it is so easy to do, when you're having a clean-up!


Don't forget to check out what other members of the design team have cased, and we'd love to see your projects too.

Cheers....

Rachel

If you live anywhere in Australia, you can purchase from my online store and have your order shipped to you starting from $5.95. Don't forget to check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you're there.

8 comments:

  1. I was inspired by that page in the catalog to but didn't love my take on it. Great job and glad to be on the DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I LOVE that sample in the catalogue and have plans to CASE that someday soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely page. And what a cute subject! You can never have too much pink (or glitter).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet page, Rachel. Your granddaughter is a cutie-pie! Love the calendar banner & the stamped medallion image peeking out from under the other layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your CASE, I actually prefer your page more lol. The colours are great and go so well with the pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rachel, your granddaughter is the cutest! What better way to make memories with your lovely layout. A terrific CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet, SWEET is your page lovely Rachel!!!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scrapbook layout Rachel! Your little person is SO cute and you have worked with the inspiration page so well....love all the little details. Xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel