Wednesday 21 May 2014

Happy Birthday Mambo Curry! RS#115

I've been too busy to make any cards for a little while, but after work last night I made an effort to put together a card for RetroSketches. It's such a cute sketch, but I found deciding colours a bit tricky today.                                                                      
 I wonder what you think of Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo?

I used Peaceful Petals stamp set for the flower, Happy Watercolor for the splodges and spots and Petite Pairs for the 'happy birthday wishes'. Peaceful Petals and Happy Watercolor are in the Occasions Catalogue and it finishes in Australia at the end of June, so if you need these stamp sets, you'll need to order them soon. Petite Pairs is one of the staple greeting stamp sets: something for every occasion and you can use just one part, or two, of the pair.
I used non-Stampin' Up! rhinestones this time, but when we receive the Blendabilities, we will be able to color rhinestones, pearls etc. to match our projects. I wonder if we will see them at Convention this week?

I leave for the South Pacific Stampin' Up! Convention today, Shelli and Sterling have arrived, Bonnie has been here since Monday, I think. There are demonstrators from all over Australia and New Zealand streaming into town and we are all set to have a ball in beautiful Melbourne. It's the end of Autumn and we have had 10 days in a row over 20° (that's 68°F)and the sun is shining brightly on our city today!

I'm not sure that I will be able to update posts while I am away at Convention, but I have a couple of posts scheduled to be released while I'm away, so feel free to pop back in the next couple of days.
Have a great week

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel