Wednesday 26 March 2014

You & Me RS #107

My poor hubby has been in hospital this week for a shoulder reconstruction. It gave us both a bit of a scare when the surgery took almost 5 hours instead of the estimated 1½-2 hours. Just goes to show that he really does have a very high tolerance to pain. I finally was able to bring him home today, and it is a really good feeling to have him safely tucked up at home.



I knew I wanted to use the Ampersand  Embossing Folder for this sketch, and that naturally then proceeded to using 'You & Me' from Perfect Pennants. Those two just fit together so beautifully, and I used my 1¾" circle punch to notch out a spot for the greeting to show. After I trimmed the Strawberry Slush card around the curve of the ampersand, I mounted it on a square of the Silver Foil sheet, and then onto another square, this time Coastal Cabana.


Another greeting which goes really well with this sort of card is 'Never Underestimate the Power of Two' from Yippee Skippee! I used that on the inside with two hearts from the Peachy Keen stamp set and a single flower from Oh Hello. The inspiration sketch is another terrific one from Retro Sketches, I haven't had time lately to enter their weekly challenge, and didn't think I would this week either, even though I have had some time off work. However, the patient is co-operating at the moment, so all is good in the craft cave!!! There's a day or two left on this challenge, why not try your hand at the sketch too? Click on the name to link over to Retro Sketches.


Hope you have some time  this week for what you love...
Rachel


Ampersand Embossing Folder 132970 Occasions Catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel