Monday 20 January 2014

Dress-Up Party Birthday Card JAI #198

I promised that I would share the birthday card I made for my grandson (about to turn 6). He loves dress-ups, and will be receiving another costume this birthday too. I always hang on to kids stamp sets that are retired by Stampin' Up!, purely because  they can be used over and over, sometimes in ways different from the original idea. And then they bring out a new stamp set, like Cool Kid, and I have to add that in too. Unfortunately, I think I should have inked up my black stamp pad before stamping the original images!

I used the full length of an A4 piece of card, cut at a fraction under 5½ inches and in fact I cut the Bermuda Bay card and Very Vanilla at the one time. This extended piece doesn't fold over. it extends beyond the card front.  Before glueing them together, I sliced an eighth of an inch off each side of the Very Vanilla piece. That seemed to work just fine.
The only stamp available now is Cool Kid, out in Australia on 28th January (the 3 images down the right of the card). Others I used were Kimono Kid, Ahoy Matey (and its wheel) and Googly Ghouls.

 I think I can link this to the Just Add Ink Challenge too.





JAI #198 Blog Hop Collage
Hopefully tomorrow I will finish some Card-in-a-Box samples. Come back and see

Thanks for looking

Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, that is an awesome Birthday card for a 6yr old. He is going to think he has the best Grannie ever! Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card for your grandson, Rachel. Lots of cute, interesting, elements for him to look at. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to your costume loving Grandson Rachel, my almost 5 yr old grandson is nuts about them too!
    He will love this card, so fun and totally kid appealing! Thanks for joining in with this weeks JAI challenge...Twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great project Rachel - you have been busy! I do like how you have put all those stamps together so well. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super-cute! I love the pirate them of your card and your grandson is going to love it too Rachel! Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card, I'm sure your grandson loved it. Thanks for playing (again!) at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel