Sunday 7 July 2013

Thumping Again with Betsy's Blossoms

I wasn't very satisfied with my last card. That sometimes happens when you create in the middle of the night when you really should be sleeping!!

It was nice enough, but the "Thumping" was a bit faint, so after a stimulating afternoon outdoors tending to my garden, I had another go at Betsy's Blossoms. This time you can definitely see the colours, can't you?
I've used exactly the same colours, Crushed Curry is the main colour again, but this time I stamped off once onto scrap paper before thumping with Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Tangerine Tango. Popped a couple of leaves from the stamp set this time too, and used the Lucky Limeade as the card base. I textured a strip of Crumb Cake by embossing with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and used some Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon across as well before placing the Stamped Square over.
I have to show you the inside of this card though. I modified the Thumping Technique for these tiny blossoms. I stamped into Crushed Curry, stamped off once, and then rather more methodically stroked the Lucky Limeade into the centres and Calypso Coral and Tangerine Tango around the edges of the petals. I really like this effect and think I will try that again with different flowers and colours.

I will link into Freshly Made Sketches challenge again, I don't know how to remove the one already there, but they don't limit the entries, so here goes....
Rachel
By the way, here is my first card, with much less distinct colours.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful! What a fabulous technique! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thumping. That's a great stamp for that technique.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel