Saturday 20 July 2013

Pick and Mix Class

Last night I had a Pick and Mix Class at my home. Such a cold, wet wintery night, so I was very glad that the ladies made the effort to brave the weather to join me. I decided to showcase three different stamps available now, to show the different ways they can be used.
This post I will mainly share one of the single stamps that is available only till August 31st, Woo Hoo!
I ordered this stamp as soon as it became available, because I could see it was a fun, easy to use stamp. And it only costs $11.95! Because of the style of the image, it lends itself beautifully to the Chalkboard Technique which is so popular currently. It also makes for a superbly simple water-colour image, as it isn't necessary to colour EVERY bit.

I had the card completed, apart from it having the plain black-and-white image, and demonstrated some easy water-colouring using the Aqua Painter (page 164) with a little ink from some Stampin' Write Markers scribbled onto a plastic lid.
The colour is Crisp Cantaloupe, an In-color for this year, and I used a spotted paper from the In-color DSP Paper Stack (page 152- $37.95). A Tangerine Tango layer of card and a button from Sale-a-bration threaded on to some Calypso Coral Bakers Twine finished the card off.

The Chalkboard Technique is super-easy too. You need Stampin' Up! Craft Whisper White Ink (page 145) and a piece of black card.It's just a matter of stamping the image, smears and smudges are okay too, it just adds to the chalky effect.
The image is hand cut (easy-peasy) and mounted onto colored card, in this case Rich Razzleberry, but it looks good on any colour. This Modern Medley DSP is a pack of interesting black and white prints: Newsprint if you're missing First Editions DSP, and musical notes, bold hounstooth and more.(page 154)
This was the popular choice for my class and they chose their own colour combinations.

You can order from me if the items are shipping to an Australian address. Either email me or phone 0417500681 with credit card details, or order 24/7 from my secure online store.


We finished up rather late, but it is another wet, cold day, so I shall probably stay home quite happily all day.

Cheers
Rachel 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel