Monday 27 May 2013

South Pacific Stampin' Up! Convention 2013

Part one: Where and Why.

Brisbane City Skyline
I’ve arrived back this afternoon from Brisbane, where I attended the annual Stampin’ Up! Convention for demonstrators. It’s four days of inspirational speakers, amazing WOW Workshops by other Australian and New Zealand demonstrators and similarly inspiring demonstrations by our CEO and co-founder Shelli Gardener and some of the staff from the US and Australian offices. This is one of the best opportunities for learning new techniques, finding out about products about to be released, and some of the cute things to be made with them. We also had tutorials on My Digital Studio and ways to let Facebook and Pinterest work for our business.

 
Shelli Gardener showed her 'This and That' Book
This year 680 demonstrators (mostly women) from all parts of Australia and New Zealand gathered at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, a wonderful venue, which served great food too!





Some Fun
In among this rather full program, there was also time to eat out with friends while enjoying the sunshine during the day and mild weather in the evening. A delicious lunch was supplied at the Convention Centre on two of the days.





Stampin' Up! are a very generous company, and even more so in this, their 25th year. We were given lots of free product to bring home in a special white and silver back pack, including stamp sets, kits and the new catalogue, which starts selling here on June 1st. I've spent time on the plane, jotting down the other stamps I want to buy, and we've had a chance to use the new In-colours and other new colours on our 'Make and Take' projects. They are fresh and lovely, and I 'm thrilled with all the stamp sets we have in our hands already, especially Gorgeous Grunge. (See below) This is one of the Make and Takes I had an opportunity to make using some new colours and my free stamps.

Retiring Product

With the new catalogue arriving soon, you might want to know when the Retiring list is released. Stampin' Up! have decided to release it this coming Friday. I have a good idea of items being retired, have already told you in an earlier blog post about the retiring colours and there is very little left in the way of A4 card or ink in those colours now. I think you may be best to jump in quickly if there is anything you want and it is so easy to do that now with online ordering. Oh, you can only order from me if you live somewhere in Australia.


Online Ordering


The link above should take you straight to my online store, where you do need to set up a profile, similar to other online shops. I am offering a small gift (brads, stamps, ink pads) to any online orders in June, if you email me at rpalmieri5@bigpond.com and let me know you read about it on my blog.

I have to race off now to my regular day job, but I'll be back with more news about convention soon.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel