Sunday 7 May 2023

CTC #418 CASE-ing the New Catalogue



CASE the New Catalogue - well that's a biggie! Do you have a favourite bundle? I'm looking forward to receiving Crafting With You. There are so many cute cards showing up using this set.


While I patiently wait for the Big Brown Box to be delivered, I used Cheerful Daisies to CASE (copy and selectively edit) Sweet Citrus on page 32 of the new catalogue.


For my first card I CASEd the Flirty Flamingo card on the left. I noticed there was stamping across the base, on the diagonal and used small daisies and supporting flowers on my card. I decided against taking the sentiment right across the art piece so I could use the included sentiment and label die from the Cheerful Daisies bundle.


The white panel is smaller than usual, and I actually trimmed another centimetre off after I'd finished stamping so it didn't cover as much of the base. The large daisy and its smaller version are great substitutes for lemons!


For card 2 I began by using a Basics embossing folder, the one that looks a bit like cross hatch. A blending brush was loaded with Boho Blue ink and blended across the card front in an ever-increasing circle until the ink ran out.


The die cut daisies have 3 flowers and some leaves on each piece, so it needed to be die cut twice. An extra leaf  for over on the left side of the piece was needed as well as a flower to raise on dimensionals over the label.



It's quite handy to have two new birthday cards for my stash!

Now I bet you have CASEd the catty to get your crafting mojo happening. Won't you share with us this week? You can CASE directly or be inspired by a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment. Ask to join our Facebook group, and then add a picture of your CASE.


Next CTC crew member is actually the first as well, Rebecca Scurr.



SHOP
You can check these and other Stampin' Up! products in my online shop. Your orders are very much appreciated, no matter how small or big, every little bit helps me to meet my minimums, and keep on creating. Hopefully you are inspired by some of the projects I share and want to make your own. My online shop is open anytime and delivery by tracked Australia Post usually takes 5-10 days. Shipping from the warehouse is a little slower at new catalogue time so it may be 2 weeks before you see your parcel.


V9SXPVMT




 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love how versatile this bundle is.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel