Wednesday 2 March 2022

Colour Creations - Pumpkin Pie





I knew that Pumpkin Pie was going to be a HUGE challenge for me. In fact I had contemplated just giving it a miss, but this blog hop is all about challenges, and it would be cowardly to not try - right?




Nuts & Bolts is a great stamp set for boys (and men?) and there's even
a sample for a girl on page 13 of the Jan-June mini catalogue.

I tackled it by looking at the birthday cards needing to be made, and there are a lot in our family for February and March. I've used Nuts & Bolts with the robot as a different 'bright' to lift the grey. 


You may be wondering about the cogs and bolts. When we have a stamp or die set which is a bit special, like Geared Up Garage, I hang onto it. Might as well use Stampin' Up! retired stock than an opposition firms.


I loved it so much I made 2, one for a 4 year old, the other for a 12 year old living in different states. Mr 12 looks pretty happy with it!
Nuts & Bolts #157650 $37.00



The lovely Tina Gillespie is next on the blog hop


If any of the links are broken, Cathy Proctor has the full list of participants.



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow - how cute Rachel. I love the way you have used Pumpkin Pie. The glossy heart is gorgeous and the touch of orange to partially colour the Nuts & Bolts robots is inspired. Oh dear - you aren't making it easy to resist. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, this is such a great card for boys and a perfect coordination of the gears dies with this adorable robot set. I love how it looks like rust on one of the robots and I'm so glad you did decide to challenge yourself with Pumpkin Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is an absolutely fabulous card for your young men. Master 12's smile says it all! I love the rust spots on the robot and the cogs and bolts work perfectly with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, for one, am so glad you didn't shirk this challenge, Rachel! This is a fabulous card (and how cool, that it's age appropriate for just about anyone?!). Great colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel your card is fabulous and just love the rusty spots on the robot. Very cute and paired nicely with the wheel cogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my goodness, Rachel, this is totally adorable. The colouring of those robots is outstanding and so realistic. The cogs & bolts are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you about Pumpkin Pie but I don't know why you were so concerned because you have featured it beautifully. Such a cool card for a young man.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel