Saturday 27 March 2021

Garden Wishes - Masking and Blending

During my March classes, 'Wings & Things', the card below was one that I taught. It's a simple masking technique and a chance for customers to try the blending brushes to make a pretty card using Garden Wishes.


 

Fortunately my students do as I say and not as I do, because demonstrating in one class, I only put the one mask on the project and left the sides exposed so naturally, the blending went outside of the oval!

 

I was sure I could make something with this anyway, and filmed myself using a rectangle stitched shape to remove the inked smudges and create a smaller art piece, which enabled me to show off some pattern paper as well. Unfortunately, my phone or facebook isn't allowing me to post that video, so I did a Facebook Live earlier this week and made another card from the reject piece.


All that was left was a frame, with stray ink blended each side. Using ink left on the blending brushes, I've coloured the whole frame. I re-stamped the dandelion so it became a 'reverse spotlight' technique. The holes are from the Brilliant Wings Dies which go with Butterfly Brilliance, an early release for the Annual Catalogue. Unfortunately, the supplies of Butterfly Bijou DSP have run out now. One of the butterflies is from the paper, the other is cut with a die.


I'm having a crafting day with friends in the Adelaide Hills today, hope you get some crafting in this weekend too. I'm happy to give you a one on one lesson either in person, or Facetime. You can tap on any item below to see more or order in my online store.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel