Sunday 14 February 2021

CTC #305 CASE The Donkey Sketch

 
I love the way CASE-ing The Catty provides all these different challenges - BIG thanks to Rebecca Scurr who does most of the work on our blog. This week we are CASE-ing the sketch for the donkey in the SAB catalogue, and yet this is a sketch I have used many times before.


I guess the main feature of this sketch is the three strips behind a panel, and this is something I find good to use extra strips cut from card front pieces, and can often tie the DSP into the art piece.



I chose a piece of DSP from the Dragonfly Garden pack of 6' X 6" papers, and then grabbed co-ordinating strips from my scrap tub. I like the way they are irregular. In a way, this is almost a direct copy, but using different papers and stamps.







Once I made the first card, I was inspired to take it a little further with a similar piece of DSP, but a fancy strip behind, which asked to be tilted to show off it's special features.


To 'step-it-up' I found some more pieces in my scraps, including a piece of Mossy Meadow with a die cut pattern from Dino dies, there are several little dies in that set to cut patterns with.


To give the impression of 3, it's been laid over a strip of Bumblebee card. I love using up the odd bits left over, and the sketch gave me a great starting point.

Unfortunately, It's been a crazy week, what with a son (and family) moving interstate, Victoria having a surprise 5-day lockdown causing me to have to postpone my visit to South Australia next week and some health issues. I forgot to let the girls know I was participating this week, so there's no-one to link to and probably hardly anyone will check out this post.


TVZG6WDR
31 Jan- 28 Feb








 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear that last week wasn't a great week. We will miss your visit to Adelaide, I was looking forward to seeing you in person. Hopefully this week is a better week for you x

    Your cards are so pretty! I'm all for using up scraps! I love the touches of yellow in the fluffy part of the dandelion - such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel