Monday 20 July 2020

AWH Heart Of Christmas 2020 Showcase



Everyone in the Art With Heart team loves Christmas, so we are going to get together each month and share some of our Christmas projects, beginning right now in July.


I'm a sucker for Christmas bauble stamps so I knew that Ornamental Envelopes stamps and the Envelope Dies would be on my pre-order. Initially I was disappointed that the dies didn't seem to fit the outside of the envelope flap, but a team member pointed me to Mary Fish's recent post, and I could see exactly how to use them. What do you think? All the dies to do this are in the set.



The other thing I reall loved from the stamp set is the set of 'address lines' which are very faint in my picture, just to the right of the baubles, but so handy for keeping handwritten addresses straight and neat. I've used Mary's design as a very strong inspiration for my card and included Brightly Gleaming designer series paper as the accent strip. This is the first time Stampin' Up! have ever repeated a paper for a second year.



The lovely clear 'Merry Christmas' comes from another of last year's returning stamp sets, Perfectly Plaid. Did you get that one with it's matching punch last year?

Now if you click on Judy May's name it will take you back to her blog and you can check out some more Christmas offerings from other members of the Art With Heart team.

Hoping this inspires you to start early on Christmas cards, that way you'll get enough made to share handmade wishes with all those nearest and dearest this Christmas.



Product List

11 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic, Rachel! I love that the starry DSP is inset into the card, and that some of the baubles are popped up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Rachel, great use of non Christmas colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour choices and card, Rachel. Thanks for the tip about the envelope liners ... I probably would've thought the same, when I got around to opening mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Rachel your photography and styling is incredible, as is your card. I love this bundle but I havent used it yet - your colour combination is so beautiful!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap hey Rachel? Love your colour combo though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing card Rachel. I so love it, with the recessed SDSP and the colour matched baubles. Gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rachel. I need to look at these ornaments and I love the panel of DSP and the way you have decorated the envelope too is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love this! Those baubles are gorgeous and yes, I would definitely need those lines for writing my address, how cool is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rachel, this is a real WOW card for me - absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and design. I'm so pleased that beautiful DSP has made a popular return - it looks stunning with your beautifully stamped baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Rachel, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Rachel. Love the colour scheme. Real Red and Night of Navy is one of my go to schemes at Christmas and I love the way you have used it here.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel