Tuesday 18 December 2018

December Birthdays

My list of birthdays in December is quite extensive, so I took a break from Christmas cards and other preparations to make a couple of those birthday people a handmade card.


This creation was for one of my lovely grandsons, whose birthday is December 18th. Because I know that he treasures these cards, I try very hard to put an effort into making something that will appeal. He still likes dragons so I had to ink up the dragon from Magical Day (retired) and get the dragon to help "put out this tiny fire". I'm really hoping that Mr 9 'gets' this little joke. By the way, he's not 'lighting' the fire, so that is why his breath has been coloured with Chalk marker.


Birthday Banners is a recent addition to my stash, but I've had the banner dies since they came out with a Christmas stamp a few years back. Good to have another stamp set to use them with, and you choose which words you stamp onto the banners. Always good to have options. Wink of Stella has been added to half the flame and parts of the dragon, but they're not showing up in the photo.


My friend Tina Gillespie, a design team member of Just Add Ink, recently used Bubble Over to show a cool inlaid dies technique. I've provided a link back to Tina's blog, Scissors Paper Card for you to check out her card. I was saying to Tina that I don't think this stamp set has had enough love, because it's a fun-type stamp for teens to adult, and can be fizzy pop to designer beer. I put together a bright card for a work colleague, hence the funny sentiment for the inside. Again, a favourite stamp set, now retired but staying firmly on my shelf - Five For All.

WAN2Q3HZ


It's a good time to check out the Online Store for discouted items in the Year-End Closeout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel