Thursday 7 June 2018

Nature's Poem For FMS#340

Nature's Poem suite is lovely, and the soft colours on the DSP really 'speak' to me. Mint Macaron is so soft and soothing and Tranquil Tide is a beautiful, bold contrast.


Thursday is my crafting day. Actually, who am I kidding, every day is my crafting day!! It's a bit cold here in Melbourne today and I don't feel like heading out anywhere, so I'm writing cards to pop in the post and tidying up my blog. The post from FMS hit my mailbox this morning, and I thought I'd join in making something inspired by Karren's sketch.


 For the life of me, I can't remember who I first saw make this card, but I've tweaked the measurements ever-so-slightly to suit the Australian size paper, (and my kind of measuring) so it possibly was a demo in the States. I love this style of card because it is a fantastic way to show off designer series paper, and doesn't it suit Karren's sketch perfectly? I particularly love the contrast of stripes along the sides of the panel.


My sentiment has been dropped a little lower on this card, but creative liscence allows these changes.
How will you change it up to make it your own? Join the challenge here at Freshly Made Sketches.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors and love the texture on your main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative use of this sketch!! The paper is beautiful and the soft leaves are the perfect accent. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel