Monday 23 April 2018

Onstage April Part 3

You may know that I have  number of grandchildren, and this time it was Tyler and Logan who were the stars of my scrapbook page. My son and D-I-L supplied this gorgeous photo. The new stamp set Sitting Pretty supplied the sentiments for this layout. "Best Friends" and Anywhere with you is better than anywhere without you,' suits these boys to a tee. I guess it usually suits a lot of siblings - fighting like crazy one minute and playing happily the next. My box only had the Lined Alphabet stamps, no framelits, but after trying them hand cut, I redid my layout with them stamped to the background. Blends were used to colour these letters.



 I pulled some splodges from Love What You Do stamp set, it is just a sensational set! Having the big stack of paper from the Share What You Love suite, I knew that Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron were returning colours so I used them, along with a spot or two of Calypso Coral. I was absolutely thrilled with the products I had to work with for my Onstage display. I felt like they had been chosen with me in mind, but that may just be because these will be our most popular stamps this catalogue. What do you think?


For cards with Sitting Pretty I was able to mix in some sentiments from Love What You Do as the fonts are similar. The stamp only has the wrought iron seat, and I could picture it at the end of a day, with the glow of a sunset shining through. So pleased that the dies include this one and a bench-style seat, as well as the bulldog, squirrel and plant. It does make life so much easier, for those of us with arthritic hands. Can still wind the handle on the Big Shot, just the scissor action isn't so steady!!!



And one without the sunset. Doesn't Blackberry Bliss look so good with Tranquil Tide? Such a strong colour combination.Seems quite suitable for a bloke with the linen thread and all.

For the new InColors, all I received was 3 colours of ribbon, a pack of clips and those same 3 shades in heat embossing powder. I matched a piece of Old Olive ribbon with the Pineapple Punch ribbon & tied them with linen thread to introduce the colour to my project.


All the patterned paper I used for my display is from Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper. There is a great range of colours included, a little something for everyone. I can hardly wait to share this suite with my customers during May, they're going to love it!


The stamping of the 2nd step, colour onto the little critters could have been better, but I have my Stamparatus now, so I expect next time I ink it up, will be much bettter. I'm thrilled to bits with the co-ordinating dies, which I tried out the day they arrived. The Big Shot is my best friend, as you might be able to tell with all the die cutting on this particular card. Missing you was from a part of a bigger stamp and I coloured only the words I wanted by covering the remainder with washi tape. This is removed before stamping.

There is still more to come but for now I will leave you,



2 comments:

  1. Very impressive Rachel. Lovely layout and cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your scrapbook layout- EXCELLENT page! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel