Sunday 19 October 2014

Woo Hoo! It's Your Birthday FMS #158

Today I have used the sketch by Jennifer Timko, for Freshly Made Sketches. It's lovely, clean, uncomplicated which means it can be interpreted in so many different ways. Even I have numerous different designs in my head for this one!

Big News is a great stamp set and you can colour those spindly letters so many ways. Today I went with the rock 'n' roll technique, but it looks to me that I might have to practice it a bit more. So, not quite a perfect result, but still useable, and I don't mind the effect.

Boutique Borders, another of my fave's from the latest Annual Stampin' Up!® catalogue, adds a touch of interest beside the strip of patterned paper. The numbers on the base card come from 25 Days, from the mini Holiday catalogue.

Frequently, I don't finish the insides of these cards until I need to use one, or I am getting a batch ready for sale. I've had to spend so long this week, finishing off cards, that I will make a bigger effort to do it all at the one time (for a little while at least!).


So, you can see a glimpse of the inside above, but I did take a photo to share with you.
I have to head out now to do some shopping for two small boys who celebrate birthdays before Christmas.
Cheers

Rachel



PS If you live in Australia, and you'd love some Stampin' Up! products to craft with, any of the links pictured below will take you to the item in my online shop. Order delivered ANYWHERE in Australia by Australia Post.


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun Birthday card!! Great colors and i love the big sentiment!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, both inside and out! Love the stamped numbers on the background and I think your rock-n-roll technique looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel