Monday 22 September 2014

Big News - It's Your Birthday!

Spring is really here and it makes my heart sing! I've had a delightful afternoon making cards with some lovely ladies, using Flower Patch stamp set. I think they were thrilled with their beautiful cards. One of my friends wanted to use Big News for her greeting, which has helped me choose the direction I will go with this fun card.
I already had planned to use  Boutique Borders and colour them, and the 'it's your birthday' in Big News, with its spindly font, just seems to go together with those borders. It almost seems to be hand-drawn, don't you think?




I can't locate my Summer Starfruit marker, so a sponge dauber dipped into the inkpad, has helped out, and I don't mind the look of it, outside the lines and all. The rest of the semi-circles were coloured using Stampin' Write Markers in the different hues. I've realised that it is quite hard to pick up the Blackberry Bliss, but its there on two of the striped half-circles at the top and the bottom (and of course the tiny flower from Something To Say).The 'woo-hoo' banners are from Big News, and have been easily hand-cut and attached with a narrow strip of Dimensional edging, to the hand-drawn flag poles.

It reminds me a little of licorice allsorts, yum, haven't had them for ages!

The inside is decorated but not coloured. 'Enjoy the Fuss' is another stamp from the Big News set. Its a great set, and big value too.

ColourQ set this great challenge, and I loved it!
Click on the link to see some of the other great cards that have been made using this interesting combination of colours!

Thanks for checking out my blog, leave a comment if you like...

Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel