Saturday 31 May 2014

You Make Me Happy, Logan

Here is the second card I've made with the Pop 'n Cuts system. Again, it is for a very special family member, Logan, who headed to hospital the same day his cousin left there. Logan had to have his tonsils removed, as he is always unwell and has no appetite. He appeared to come through with flying colours, judging by the upbeat conversation I had with him, but there are bound to be some low points too, over the coming days.

I made him this bright little card to cheer him up. He'll be able to wiggle it about until it comes apart, I guess. Sadly, Logan prefers diggers, but this police car will have to do I'm afraid. I layered up 2 Deco Label Framelits for the inside this time and stamped with the SALE-A-BRATION stamp set See Ya Later.
The sun is simply cut with a Starburst Framelit in the appropriate size and then various DSP in shades of yellow were punched with the Banner Punch - which has been included in the new catalogue!!!!!! There are a couple of stamp sets which co-ordinate too.

The police car comes from a stamp set called You're My Hero which also has a fire engine and an ambulance, but it too is retiring. That will mean there are no current vehicle stamps for small boys, so sad.

I colour all these images with Stampin' Write Markers to get the variety of shades. Looks cheerful, doesn't it?

The white cloud is a scalloped oval, daubed with Smokey Slate and the Smokey Slate clouds are punched using the Cupcake Builder Punch. That's a useful punch for a few different things. The cupcake piece makes a nice handbag and the clouds/icing/ice cream probably have more uses too! I noticed at least one new stamp set that will use this punch and the current one, Create a Cupcake, is retiring.

I cut the outside of this card using a long-retired DSP with red stars, and I haven't decorated that yet, but I'm thinking a banner with his name too.



Logan's parents have no qualms about their son's image being "out there' so meet Logan, 4 and a bit, prior to surgery.

Hope you enjoyed my post, thanks for dropping by,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel