Saturday 10 May 2014

Passing of Time

June is going to be a busy month in my family for birthdays, so I've made an early start with this card for a daughter-in-law celebrating her special day on June 1st.
I have used a range of purple hues for my Clean & Layered birthday card for the 'Monochromatic Purple' challenge at The Card Concept. Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder all feature with a touch of Rich Razzleberry as an accent on the stamping.

That quote is from a James Taylor lyric and features in the Stampin' Up! stamp set, From My Heart. I have used it quite a lot in the past with another favourite stamp set, Clockworks, which you may be able to see has been stamped onto the Elegant Eggplant base using the same colour ink. I put Wisteria Wonder through the Big Shot to emboss with Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I just love the randomness of those dots, such a shame that SALE-A-BRATION items are available for such a short time and never, ever make it into a catalogue.


I had a fun session with a friend recently, using our paper piecing templates, to trim up labels and tags. Its a very soothing activity, sitting and chatting, while decorating card. The Apothecary Accents are really useful shapes, doesn't it suit this stamp so perfectly?

As well, the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack has a template to make your paper-piercing perfect. The twine tying this card is the Silver Bakers Twine and I've used my very last clock charm from Trinket Keys, which retired last year. I do wish I'd bought another pack or two while they were still available. I mustn't make that mistake this year, and neither should you!



When I make cards for family and those closest to me, I layer and stamp the inside of the card, and this one is no exception. A layer of Wisteria Wonder under the Whisper White, which has been stamped with various images from the Clockworks stamp set.
Hope you like my Monochromatic Purple card, please leave a comment if you've visited today.

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful and I love the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your various shades of purple look fantastic together, Rachel! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel