Thursday 9 January 2014

The Secret of Life

I've interrupted my destashing/organising of my workroom to put together this card for the Friday Mashup. I have followed the sketch because its such a terrific one and the theme - Tic, Tock. My eldest son sprang to mind immediately, he makes me laugh with his obsession to encourage his Dad and I to use our time wisely.

I used Clockworks for his card last year too but this one is quite different. I've also used the quotation by James Taylor, included in a stamp set called From My Heart. I was thrilled to find a couple of clock embellishments when I was stocktaking, one made it onto this card adhered with glue dots and a piece of Linen Thread to finish it off. They came from the Tea Time embellishments from the mini catalogue from early last year.  My demonstrator order for the Occasions Mini Catalogue will arrive this week and I'm looking forward to playing with new goodies.


I used Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry and Baked Brown Sugar and the new Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (love it!!) from Sale-A-Bration (starting January 28th in Australia, as is the Occasions Catalogue).

Now, off to do more sorting
Have a great day!

Rachel





1 comment:

  1. Rachel, you did the perfect mashup with your sketch and time challenge on this card. My oldest daughter is like your son...she's definitely not the procrastinator like me and reminds me regularly to use my time wisely! I love the new decorative dots embossing folder too and have used it quite a few times already! :) Thanks for playing with us this week at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel