Friday 5 July 2013

Birthday Bling PP152

You can't ever have too much bling can you?  Yes, that's what I thought too, so this is what I came up with!

We are so lucky to have so many shades of blue in the Stampin' Up! range but I chose three for my ink and added in another for the card base.

I broke out Daydream Medallion for a change of pace, and overlapped the two large ones. The biggest is stamped with Midnight Muse, the medium one is Bermuda Bay and for the tiny layered ones I used Soft Sky. Maybe it is a little light in colour , it looks quite pretty IRL tho'.
I found that the little, fancy medallion punched out quite nicely with the 1¼ inch scalloped punch and the smallest stamp in the set, with the ¾inch circle punch. The card front has been de-bossed with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and mounted onto a card cut from Coastal Cabana.And then I went crazy with rhinestones, placing them on the fancy ends of the larger medallions, the large ones in the centres of the small medallions. and a row to emphasise the greeting.

It's funny when I do these Tic-Tac-Toe challenges - I always get confused! I ended up not being sure if I was working on the centre line down Blue-Bling-Friendship or the diagonal one Birthday- Bling- Embossing and I've used the rather neutral greeting 'to my friend' but the good thing with that is I have two greetings for inside which could suit and are in the same font: 'happy day to you' or 'Thanks so much'!

The latter doesn't belong in Friendly Phrases, but since all are retired now, I have grouped them. I'm not ready just yet to let this old favourite go!




If you are quick, there are a few more hours left on this Paper Players challenge, why don't you see what you can come up with?

Happy stamping

Rachel




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images and beautiful colors...what a pretty creation! Thanks so much for playing my TTT challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Rachel! I love how you intertwined the circles and added the sparkly details. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel