Thursday 7 March 2013

Sweet & Simple Thanks FMS76 & CTD232


Love this sweet sketch by Linda Suarez at Freshly Made Sketches, I often use this style for cards, but it just so happened that the designers had picked many of my favourite stamps, so thinking that I always like to have a 'Thank you' card on hand, I whipped out the Pretty Postage stamps and inked up the "thanks" from that on Whisper White card, in each of the three pretty shades suggested in the Color Throwdown challenge.  I substituted So Saffron for Barely Banana but apart from that the colours are 'true'. 


After punching the words with a one inch square punch, I continued by using my Postage Stamp Punch to punch matching coloured squares to place on Stampin' Dimensionals which went on the dry embossed panel of Whisper White. Now, instead of using a plain piece of Crumb Cake, I took a piece from the Natural Composition Paper pack. I must remember to order another pack or two of that, just in case it gets dropped from the range in June. A strip of So Saffron and Calypso Coral behind the white also introduced another glimpse of these pretty pastel shades.
Don't forget to get inky soon, 
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. This is pretty Rachel! The Naturals Composition DSP and it's gorgeous texture are perfect for the background of your card! Love the clean lines of your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! ps. thanks for your kind words you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used all three squares for your sentiment. Pretty colours - lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget to use that Natural Composition DSP! And it makes such an elegant background! Love your color combo too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean, simple design of this lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel