Wednesday 12 April 2023

Using Up Retiring Supplies

 When we hear about stamps, colours or other products which are about to retire, it's natural to feel just a little sad. 

What will I do when I can't get that paper anymore? But that's my most-used colour - what will I do without it?


I remember the first time Stampin' Up! did a colour refresh a couple of years after I joined as a demonstrator. I was so anxious I bought up card in my favourite colours, but then found I wasn't really using it once I had the new colours in my hand.

This time I have felt nothing but excitement as we await the changes. My box was delivered today with new inkpads and multi-packs of new card. They have just a few sheets of each colour in the pack, but its a good way to get a 'feel' for particular colours.



At this time I also try to use designer series paper, and stamp with favourite retiring sets. These cards used Jar of Flowers, which I have enjoyed using for a couple of years. The roses and tulips are my favourites, and I love colouring them with Stampin' Blends.


As I've cleared stamp sets soon to retire, I have found stamped and die cut sentiments which I am happy to use on these cards. "You've been on my mind" is from Simply Succulents. Extra time over the long Easter break meant I was able to finish the insides and envelopes as well.



9XNTENYZ



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel