Sunday 24 January 2021

CTC #302 CASE A Floral Project





When the assignment is as easy as this, surely you will join the challenge this week? So much choice, but I settled on 'Wrapped Bouquet' and loosely CASEd the card in the bundle index on page 76 of the Jan-June Mini Catalogue.



Just like the catalogue version, I've stamped the card base with the newspaper stamp. Maybe my rectangle should have been a square to allow more of that to be revealed. I used a blending brush to add colour behind, like the original, but I couldn't resist using the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder beforehand.



This card is part of a set I prepared to show #simplestamping, casual stamping & avid stamping.


#simplestamping means the project is suitable for a beginner, especially as these stamps were positioned on the Stamparatus, a stamp positioning tool available to purchase from the Stampin' Up! Annual catalogue. If the first stamping is not a clear, crisp image, you can re-ink and place down again, knowing that it will be still correctly lined up.


A casual stamper has some experience and is more confident to take their project further. The stamping was done using the same set-up on the Stamparatus, and then a simple rectangle was die cut for the lovely scalloped edge. The flowers and newspaper were coloured using Stampin' Blends, and there is a little background stamping.


An avid crafter has a lot of their own tools, and loves to use and expand their collection. This project includes...stamping, die cutting, embossing for texture, blending brush, Stampin' Blends to colour image and the addition of embellishments. It's "one with the lot"!!!!

Oh So Ombre #155225


Order the Wrapped Bouquet Bundle and you're only $7.25 away from earning the SAB Oh So Ombre paper for free with your order.


Have you worked out whether you are a beginner, casual or avid stamper? We love you to share your work on our Facebook page. You are CASE-ing any floral project from either catalogue, but remember, you don't have to use a floral stamp, or the matching one. It might just be the colours which inspired you. Share it here



Next talented designer on the hop is Peta Stephen and Marvi




SALE-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin' Up! and I'd love to help you as you enjoy benefits like a 20% discount,  a free starter pack of business supplies and support from our team. Read most often asked questions here and when you are ready, sign up here. Call or email if you'd like to connect first. Previous team members welcome to rejoin.








Product List 




Project 2 CASUAL
Project 3 AVID

 

Product List

6 comments:

  1. All three cards are fabulous!! Love the extra wooden touches and the texture and I really love the simplicity and colour of the casual card!! So clever and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of your cards Rachel but my favourite is the “one with the lot”.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your third card sure is one with the lot! It's awesome, the pink flowers really pop off the page! They are all wonderful cards, and I love how you show the progression from beginner to avid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how you've changed out the DSP for each step, great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your avid card is definitely my favourite. I love the paint texture embossed background and the bright colours used to make the flowers pop. I love all of the different textures on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three but my favourite is the avid one!! I do love this set, I think I need to add it to my next order.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel