Thursday 23 August 2018

Thrifty Thursday #9 Saving a Reject

If you have read a few of my Thrifty Thursday pieces, you'll know that I have a tendency to not waste much, so you can imagine my reaction when a lady in my class goes to tear up something she has stamped and is not happy with.


The card standing at the rear is a sample for class a while back. I have a lady who doesn't cope very well when she smudges or speckles her work. She usually rips it in half before I get a chance to show her ways to save it. Unfortunately this has occurred more than once. I always feel obliged to provide her with fresh materials, but when she smudged a leaf on this card, I managed to grab it before she ripped it!!! Her hands were in position to do just that, but I passed her some more card (took this piece from her) and she started again. 


I told her I would show her what could be done with her rejected piece. I actually probably didn't need to give it the fancy-framed cut, as I stamped over her smudged leaf and it is still there on the card. See the pale blue leaf under the Blueberry Bushel one? That stem was the issue! However, it gave me a chance to show a different way of displaying that stamped example. Some of the rhinestones cover other imperfections.
No matter the problem, there is usually a way to save your project, and if it isn't suitable for you to use or sell, there are many outlets which would happily accept your rejects, such as a retirement village, someone who is doing a fundraiser or even just send it as a Random Act of Kindness.

Have a productive day, 



1 comment:

  1. I don't throw away mistakes either, you are correct, most mistakes can be fixed or covered, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel