Monday 19 September 2016

Aloha!

 Hello there! I have been back about a week now, but with work and classes to organise. I hadn't found time to blog. I've still been crafting though, as I wanted to make these little treats up for the ladies coming to class, and my work mates.
I've always been envious of the ladies overseas who can get their hands on Hersheys Nuggets, because they can be decorated and packaged up so beautifully. I made sure when I was in Hawaii, to visit Walmart and buy some. I decided to keep it very simple though as I had very little time to make these up. I cut one inch strips of InColor DSP from the paper stack in four shades. Next, I cut them in 3¼" lengths, and simply wrapped them around the nuggets, which were already sorted into piles of four different flavours.


The 2" x 8" cellophane bags, (#141703 50 for $5.25) were the perfect size for these treats.

For the label, I spelt out 'Aloha' in the Brushwork Alphabet stamps, arranged them on the one block and stamped multiple tags. The Botanical Blooms were stamped over in the inColors too, and by keeping a stamp for each colour, there was no need to clean off after each use. Funnily enough, I think most of the recipients thought I bought them like that, and didn't realise the 'handmade magic' that was added to their gift!!!!

Cheers,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I just posted last week on a Craft Fair site asking if any Australian Demo's had come up with an Australian solution similar to Nuggets - i thought you had solved my problem hahah! Glad your holiday was fun. They look fabulous by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally need something similar don't we? 😎

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel