Thursday 11 December 2014

Irish Christmas PP225

I hope you're not feeling too stressed in the lead-up to Christmas. I'm a lot more relaxed, now that I've posted my cards to relatives in Ireland today! It had been worrying me, because it involves writing a resumè of the year's events and there was quite a lot to include. 2014 has been an eventful year with many challenges, but we survived, and are stronger for it.

I've also wrapped the majority of my gifts too, and isn't that a weight off my mind!

I've gone as fancy as I dare on this card, what with international post. It already costs $2.55 to post each card overseas, so I'd hate to pay a penalty for extra thick. There are still a few layers but only one lot of dimensionals. The base is natural card, really good for writing a letter on.  Next is a layer of Blackberry Bliss behind a layer of Texture Embossed Pear Pizzazz. Another Blackberry Bliss layer has been cut with the Apothecary Label die, while the stamped piece was cut with Deco Label Framelits. Endless Wishes is the stamp set here and I stayed with the same two colours. Another little bit of fancy was the Glimmer paper banner in silver, and some rhinestones.It is so hard to see these little bits of shine!

I do hope the post between Australia and the UK isn't taking as long as the post between Sydney and Melbourne! My pre-order for the Occasions catalogue left the warehouse on Monday and still hasn't arrived Thursday night. Same with the complimentary catalogue that Stampin' Up! post to all demonstrators. It's not here either, but so many others have it in their hot little hands. That should be here tomorrow too, hopefully. Fingers crossed.

So how did I know what I wanted to order? I watched the live stream of the unveiling from the US last week, with a group of team members. Also, we can access the online catalogue already, but our customers have to wait till January 6th. Just another one of the perks of being a demonstrator.

Cheers
Rachel



3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this color combo, Rachel! So pretty! Love the beautiful snowflakes, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Rachel! I love these colors together. The glimmer paper adds just the right touch of sparkle. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players in our Black Tie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, the color combo is gorgeous! I adore non-traditional cards! The snowflakes are so pretty and I love the sparkle, too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel