Friday 9 August 2013

'Specially Momentous Birthday



Earlier this year, one of the team had a special birthday. You know, one of those that ends in zero?

Now I am far too polite to ask how old a lady is, so I decided not to make a big deal out of the number, and just concentrated on making a suitably "pretty" card for her special day. 

 I seem to go straight to Blooming With Kindness such a lot, just love that gorgeous bloom! I slipped in a leaf from French Foliage (retired) and the greeting is from the (retired) hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.


To give it a youthful feel, I used the Thumping Technique. Not as drastic as it sounds actually, you quite simply ink up the stamp with the lightest shade, and select a couple of Stampin' Write Markers in shades that either tone, or contrast like this one. Then you thump them onto the image and it gives a lovely mottled effect.

I've made the main card from Naturals white card, and then backed it with a piece of slightly larger Melon Mambo card. All the corners have been rounded off with my corner punch and a piece of Wild Wasabi ribbon tied under the label with the greeting.

Cheers for now,

Rachel


Item#126422 $31.95 AU (clear)
 Remember you can order in my Online Store 24/7




No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel