Monday 2 July 2018

Weekend Catalogue Launch

Every year on June 1st, Stampin' Up!® releases a new Annual catalogue. That's around 250 pages full of colour and inspiration, exciting for crafting addicts. When one of my team was just a customer, she used to be forever asking me when there'd be a new one!!! I ended up recruiting her so that she'd be amongst the first to know, and buy. So even if it's not the most exciting thing this side of Christmas for you, there are many who just LOVE a catalogue launch.


If you follow my blog, you possibly already know that I had the honour of being one of the display artists at our last convention (and Annual Catalogue release for demonstrators) last April in Sydney. In February I received a lovely box of products to create with, and no Pinterest to go to for inspiration, because the products were all brand new. Most of the samples in the photo above had already previewed in Sydney.


The In Colors were sort of new to me though as I had received three colours of embossing powder, and those same colours in ribbon, but a pack of clips which showed the 5 colours. I made the jar card after I'd ordered the inks and a  pack of mixed card colours.The cycling card was made using Enjoy Life, the 5 In Colors and a technique with the Stamparatus.


 I was shopping for birthday gifts when I spotted a couple of these vases and asked the shop assistant to find me a 3rd, which she did.


They seem to complement the invitations I sent out to my event, don't you think?


I hung a couple of my scrapbooking layouts so my guests could see how you can incorporate stamping into scrapbook layouts. The one on the left was the piece I used in my submission to be selected for the gig, and the one with two boys is the one displayed in Sydney. The left hand one uses Labeler Alphabet, Crafting Forever and Playful Backgrounds. The other used Love What You Do, Lined Alphabet and Sitting Pretty. Sitting Pretty had two great sentiments - best friends & Anywhere with you is better than anywhere without you. Aren't they perfect for a pair of close brothers?

I forgot to let my guests know that ALL the Stampin' Blends are in the warehouse and ready to be shipped to you now. Check out pages 204-205 for a full list of colours. In August, you will also be able to increase your colour collection of Watercolour pencils with 10 NEW colours.. I've been hanging out for that for ages!!!


There is nothing better than getting to try something out before you buy it. I saw the Stamparatus demonstrated late last year and after seeing the step-stamping, I was prepared to order it without ever touching it. I gave my ladies the chance to see it demonstrated in several different ways on Saturday before showing them how to make their own project. If you weren't able to get here last Saturday, you could gather some friends for a party at your place and request that I demo the Stamparatus. Or perhaps you'd prefer to book in for a private class, one hour is $20 and 2 hours is $30. We can look at stamp sets you are interested in and/or tools you want to check out. 


 I think you can see where the inspiration for this two-step flamingo card came from. I've had Fabulous Flamingo for a couple of years and actually made the invitations for my catalogue launch in 2016 with this one. I have to say, it is so much easier to line the pieces up with the Stamparatus.



Some of the quicker ladies even moved on and made a second card using Various Vases. This card was designed by a demo friend of mine, Rachel Woollard, and shared at a team day we had in May. I'm sure some of you who follow Stampin' Up! demos will have heard of Mary Fish, a top-selling demo in the USA. She recently reached a million dollars in sales, and those who do are given the opportunity to meet with the company artists to design a stamp set. Mary suggested these vases for her stamp set and there is even a punch, which we used to punch the solid coloured vases. There are stamps to colour the flowers too, but I kept it simple as we had some absolute beginners on Saturday. Of course, it's easy enough to colour with a flick of the stampin' Blends, Stampin' Markers or Watercolour pencils. So many options, what's your favourite?

This is a wordy, picture-heavy post, well-done you if you've read to the end. I'll be back tomorrow night with an Art With Heart Blog Hop.

2BEUMMY3
until 4th July



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel