Friday 13 February 2015

Love You, Happy Valentine's Day - CMCC#58

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? My husband and I haven't ever really bothered. We were probably too busy with the day-to-day raising of our five sons, and we frequently forget our wedding anniversary too!!! Despite that, I love him and know he loves me.

This card is a sample for the class I am holding tonight, but I might just give it to my love on Saturday, with some chocolates. He'll wonder what's going on!!! My class features the Hello You Thinlets and Crazy About You stamp set, so I've made some other cards to show the versatility of the Thinlets.

Looking at the inspiration picture by Colour Me....! reminds me of a time hubby went out to buy some plumbing supplies and came back with three rose bushes for my garden. He knew I love roses and thought this was more sensible than a bunch of flowers. These roses continue to bloom, year after year, and I have a lifetime of flowers instead of a week's worth. My favourite of the three is the one above. I do have a two-tone flower like the one pictured too, but it doesn't have a sentimental story attached!


I decorated the inside too, with another two layers of card and some stamping using the Hostess stamp set, Time To Celebrate. Love that script, and some hearts came from Perpetual Birthday Calendar.


This challenge gives us some sweet colours to play with, don't forget to have a look at Colour Me...! and see if it gets you creating too.
Have a lovely weekend, however you are spending it.

Rachel








Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. I am happy to read I am not the only one forgetting our wedding anniversary (but my husband always remembers...) Great card and thank you so much for playing with us at colour me...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the clean, sleek look of these!!! Thank you so much for taking the time out to share a little love with us gals at Colour Me...! Hope you will join us again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your card. Love that you decorated the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel