Tuesday 3 February 2015

Beautiful Blue Balloons

When I saw the balloon dies on the live telecast of the catalogue launch, they were the first thing on my order. Yes, I do know that you can make balloons with a circle and the owl feet. but I want easier than that even.

There is a stamp set called Celebrate Today, which has a plain balloon and another with 'happy'. Then there are big spots or a scattering of small stars to place on your balloon, and two different banners. You can even make your balloon into a hot air balloon! In my opinion this stamp set and its matching framelits are the must have item from the new Occasions catalogue.

I was lucky enough to celebrate a special birthday recently with my lovely family. It was a wonderful (HOT) day and we had a room to ourselves at a restaurant situated in an historic bluestone cottage on farmland at the edge of a river gorge.
Because my six grandchildren are aged from 7 months up to 7 years, I knew that balloons were sure to be a hit with them. I took strips of Pool Party and Bermuda Bay to the balloon shop, the baker and my friend Sally, who made the sweet treats.  Fiddly Bits is her business, making invitations, treats and all sorts of creations from paper. We had these cute Skinny Treat bags made and filled with blue and white jelly beans to give out at the end of the afternoon.


The two four-year-olds from each family took home the balloon arrangements. They loved Gran's cake with blue spots on top and stripes on the bottom and yummy chocolate mud cake inside. We all loved the blue and white jelly bean sweet treats! To keep up to date with my scrap booking, I've used Project Life. It's a great relief that Stampin' Up! sells this memory keeping system now. It helped me to catch up four years worth of scrapbooking over a couple of weekends.

Now I'm waiting on a new album to arrive in an order to begin the next four years of memory keeping.

Thanks for dropping by

Rachel





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel