Friday 9 January 2015

Playdate Creations

A cooler, drizzly day in Melbourne today, so what is better than getting together with ladies who love to stamp for a session of creating. We were all glad to say goodbye to the hot and humid weather we'd been experiencing. Mostly we use my upline's stamps, although she did borrow one of mine that she hadn't ordered. Sue and Judy had both 'Case-d the Catty' to make cards with the cute little Bow punch. Sue stuck pretty much to the original, but Judy had stepped hers up with the new heart embossing folder and Bermuda Bay, so I cased her,(thanks Judy for the inspiration) and just changed up the greeting a bit. Have a look at page 12 of the Occasions catalogue.

I thought I didn't need any more embossing folders, but those hearts are just so cute! I don't know about you, but I love small things, and these bows are just so easy to make, and FUN!

Talking about Case-ing The Catty, watch out for new challenges from 23rd January. That's two weeks from today! We would love to see what you CASE!








The other card I made used Butterfly Basics which I haven't received yet. Its made up of such a varied selection of stamps, perfect who like to collage stamp. Check out the stamps and dies on page 26-27 of the catalogue, you can buy them separately or at a 15% saving in a bundle.

I was fairly restrained with my stamping today, I could easily have added a lot more. I particularly like the 'netting' stamp, it is so very useful for 'grounding' images and that fern leaf is beautiful, it would look great behind any of our lovely flower stamps.

The butterfly is a bit tricky, but looks lovely cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I think I was able to capture some of its pretty sparkle.



I've brought home some flowers I stamped and punched and another new die cut gift bag, which I plan to decorate before photographing.I'm feeling very excited by all the new goodies in the Occasions Catalogue.

Have a lovely weekend

Rachel

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel