Tuesday 2 July 2013

You Make Me Happy

I'm feeling rather happy today! The sun is out, even though it is winter in Melbourne, I'm on holiday and I'm off to see beautiful pictures by Monet at the National Gallery exhibition today with one of my sons, the arty one!

In honour of that, what could be better than this cute stamp by Stampin' Up!, You Are My Sunshine? I used the colour challenge at Sunday Stamps for inspiration and went with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches but I was too tired last night to get the card finished. (I haven't been able to copy the inspiration picture to my blog, but if you click on the Sunday Stamps link, you will see it there)

The yellow I used for stamping is the NEW Crushed Curry but the DSP is from  Sunshine and Sprinkles (retired) and it is Daffodil Yellow. Like all things Stampin' Up! they go together beautifully. There's a hint of orange with a layer of Tangerine Tango card and one button (a Sale-a-bration line). The other two buttons are non-SU, as is the cutter that cut my curvy edge. Island Indigo is the lovely blue for the base card, and just by way of a change I'm showing you the inside of a card because its just so good to have another stamp set that complements this stamp!
Hello Lovely has 10 stamps including a large ampersand and three'words' stamps and "You Make Me Happy" being another line from that cheery song, just had to go on the inside!

I do hope your day is happy too!
Cheers
Rachel

  


6 comments:

  1. Very cute card Rachel. Love the sentiment and wee buttons!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy card indeed! Love those adorable buttons and the way you placed them. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fun. Love the waves.....and I do like that sunshine stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do really like how well Daffodil Delight & Crushed Curry go together! I'll have to try that combo... Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Rachel! Really like the shades of colors you chose for our color challenge at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the Sketch with our Challenge colors!!! I really like the addition of the Buttons. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel