Wednesday 3 April 2013

100th Birthday! WOW!


Hey, it's not often that you hear of someone turning One Hundred years old, is it?

I don't know this lovely lady personally, but I have been asked to make a card for her upcoming birthday. I have made cards before for the customer who is giving the card and she seems to like the dry-embossed cards quite a lot, so I went with that.

Next, I picked out my favourite colour - Pool Party and added in some silver shimmer.


I used the Window Frames Framelits to cut these shapes - after stamping with Memorable Moments stamps - just made for all those once-in-a-lifetime occasions! It has not only the happy, not only birthday, but anniversary, as well as st, nd, rd, th and numbers 0 to 9, so you can make cards for ANY numerical event you can think of. That's rather handy isn't it?

I was lucky enough to receive this set as one of the many gifts from last year's Stampin' Up Convention in Canberra. In May this year, we are heading off to sunny Brisbane for 4 days of

 Stampin' Up! fun and freebies!

That's just what I call the annual Stampin' Up! Convention anyway.

I shadow stamped the label with a floral stamp from last year's sale-a-bration, Fresh Vintage, and inside it has been stamped twice with the same flower in Pool Party, and a lovely greeting from Blooming with Kindness, "Warmest Wishes on your Birthday", was stamped also. Lastly, some itty bitty blossoms punched from Pool Party card were scattered about and finished off with basic jewel rhinestones for some extra glitter.

I hope the customer who commissioned this card and her wonderful friend are both happy with my effort.

Breaking News!

Firstly, you don't have to wait for the beginning of July to order the  Petite Curly Label Punch (from sale-a-bration), it is available NOW! Item # 129405 and $18.95. Call me 0417500681 or email rplamieri5@bigpond.com

Secondly, as I type this, I'm down-loading My Digital Studio (MDS) to my computer. It is the first of the free gifts for demonstrators attending convention this year (or their guests).
It is also available to order Item #130646 $24.95 OR you can download a mini version for FREE, and give it a trial for 30 days. There are all sorts of free add-ons and other down-loads to purchase weekly at http://www.mydigitalstudio.net/home
 Now, I am not the cleverest at computer things but some of my colleagues have been showing off some of their wonderful creations - scrapbook pages, birthday invitations and so on, and I didn't want to be left behind!! (smile) I hate being left out when there's some fun to be had!
Hope you are having fun with your creating too
Cheers, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel