Thursday 11 June 2015

Framed Floral

I felt enthused to create today (that just means I didn't really want to do housework!!!) and turned to a couple of favourite inspiration spots.
 Freshly Made Sketches have a lovely sketch, as usual and I could see that I might get to use my Fun Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
After I'd chosen the strip of DSP from my pile of now-retired patterned papers, I decided it wouldn't be too hard to conform to Colour Me! colour challenge of Night of Navy, Real Red and a neutral.


Pictogram Punches is a favourite stamp set of mine, and it might just be the cute little Itty Bitty Accents Punches that go with it, but I also really like the vase, and it fitted beautifully inside the frame. The sentiment is from the recently retired From The Herd, cut with a banner from the Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlet. Quite quick and easy to put together once the decisions were made.


Cheers
Rachel     

P.S. Thanks to Katie at Colour Me!  for picking this card for a Colour Connoisseur.



6 comments:

  1. I think crafting is a terrific excuse for not doing housework!! And I love how you've interpreted the sketch. Great texture and bold colors work every time! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Rachel! I'm a big fan of this stamp set and I love how your placed your vase in the embossed frame. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love that you placed the flowers in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous design and love that SU! paper you used, perfect for this! Thank you for playing with us at Colour Me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take crafting any day over housework! This is a really lovely card Rachel - i love your use of these colours! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel