Tuesday 12 June 2018

Dreaming Of Tuscany AWH - Colour Creations Blog Hop


When I was having trouble sleeping one night last week, I decided not to get up and make a card - it was too cold! - but to lie in bed and design one instead. My first task was to think of a current stamp set that would suit Basic Grey, our colour of the week. Basic Gray has been in our Neutrals range for as long as I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and it is a good alternative when black is a bit too strong.


I was imagining a scene similar to an old black and white photo and trying the images from Mediterannean Moments in my head. But each of those didn't really work for me, and eventually I remembered Tuscan Vineyard. I had thought about making it look like a photo in an album, but it ended up like this when I actually had rubber and ink in hand, wanting to add other images.


When it came time for a sentiment, 'thinking of you' from Rooted in Nature seemed a really good fit, and on the inside I've stamped a glass from Half Full, along with a sentiment from that set, ' may your glass always be half full.' Now there's a match made in heaven!!!

As for the dreaming of Tuscany - I am married to an Italian-born Australian, but I love Italy and he doesn't as much. When I say I'd like to take an apartment somewhere in Tuscany and catch the train around to different towns for a few weeks, he rolls his eyes. I do hope I get my way some time....


I've used a lot of Dimensionals here, as the oval is lifted, the black layer is also on Dimensionals and the round 'Toscana Vigneto' label is propped up on two! It has been punched with a 1 inch circle punch, a perfect fit and so easy.


While I had this set of stamps out, I decided to make a retifrom card. I really enjoy this technique, and these images really suited. This one scored a couple of Fresh Fig accents, but any colour looks good with grey.


I'm really happy to have inked Tuscan Vineyard again, and aren't we lucky to have it to play with for another year. It goes really well with Half Full, and I used that one a couple of days ago.


Now is your opportunity to pop over to the blog of Catherine Proctor, our team leader for this fun activity. You will find links to lots more of the Art With Heart Team.
 Next week our colour will be Bermuda Bay, another fave of mine, 'cos it's blue too.



2BEUMMY3
until 4th July


7 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel, your cards look incredible and I love the retifrom card and the gorgeous pop of fresh fig. Thanks for joining the AWH colour creations blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I've been trying desperately to work out why on earth I need the Glass Half Full stamp set, and you've just twisted my arm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Rachel. Now I want to return to Tuscany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your wish to travel to Tuscany comes true sooner rather than later! Your cards are fabulous - Basic Grey is perfect for the images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, these cards are fantastic and look just amazing in Basic Gray. I really hope you get to do the travel sooner rather than later. I really make how you made the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I especially like your second one with the retiform techique! It is a totally different look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I love the combination of Fresh Fig with the Basic Gray. Both your cards are lovely and I can't pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel